February 2005 Archives
It started with an Academy flyer that I noticed in the pile of bi-weekly advertisements. In about five seconds, my mind had raced through the following thoughts:
Internal dialogue has been expanded into complete sentences for the sake of readability.
- What about that shotgun you were thinking about getting for next dove season?
- No, I'd rather spend that money on a new bike. Besides, I already have a shotgun.
- Yeah, that's right, and I have enough other guns too.
- Maybe I could sell one of my other guns to have more money to spend on the bike...
- No, the only one that I don't really use that much is the SKS and it was practically a graduation gift from dad.
- Hey, I bet I could find plans online to convert the SKS to fully automatic! I've been wanting to learn about machining!
- You know, I'd really rather not do anything that would put me at risk to face federal weapons charges.