Put in my BBQ pit platform last night. Pretty proud of how it turned out.
Now I just have to get the pit back from Nathan.
Started out with a 6'x3'x6" frame, dug out enough of the yard to get it to sit level on the left side (pretty much all six inches), and started filling it in with sand. Lots and lots of sand. Seven hundred pounds of sand. Thank goodness for the neighbor's wheelbarrow.
After the sand was in and level, I started carting the bricks up from the back backyard and tried to figure out how to lay them out. Fortunately they tiled pretty nicely; I now have a 6x3 pattern of interlocking blocks of three bricks. I really need a picture. Now I just need to get one more bag of sand to finish filling everything in and I can call it complete.
This is actually the first project that's taken about as long as I estimated. Once I got everything together, just about three hours. That's installation time only, shopping, frame assembly, etc. took a lot longer. Hooray good estimates.